Planning a Super Keto or Low-Carb Super Bowl Party?
Planning a Super Keto or Low-Carb Suowe Bowl Party?
February in on the horizon. What does the mean for Americans nationwide? It means that the Super Bowl is right around the corner. It also means there are hundreds of thousands of Super Bowl parties in the making for millions of football fans on both sides of the big game. While Super Bowl parties are often very similar in appearance from the decorations to the food spread, unfortunately, not everyone is on the same diet. If for instance you are hosting a Super Bowl party and you are on the keto diet, you will definitely want to change things up a bit.
Keto Planning for the Super Bowl
Let’s assume for a minute that you are in charge of planning your very own Super Bowl party. Whether this is your first or fifth annual Super Bowl party, it might very well be your first Super Bowl since going keto. First and foremost, you need to remember that just because you are restricting calories and neglecting carbs all together does not mean you cannot enjoy the Super Bowl just as much as in years past. It is also important to realize that you are easily capable of presenting a keto spread that is certain to please all of your guests. The best part? With all of the tasty treats you can easily whip up, your guests will be none the wiser.
The best way to begin planning your keto Super Bowl party is to realize that it is not necessary to throw all the traditional Super Bowl players out the window. In fact, you can still serve many of the typical Super Bowl dishes from finger foods, to main dishes, and alcoholic beverages; all you really need to do is educate yourself on the few little tweaks that are necessary to create a truly keto friendly version of everyone’s favorite Super Bowl foods.
Swapping Regular Super Bowl Dishes for Keto Version Super Bowl Dishes
From chicken wings, chips, jalapeno poppers, and the array of dips, along with plenty of booze—there is sort of a tradition when it comes to the way things are done at Super Bowl parties. Luckily for you, there is quite an easy way to swap out ingredients and successfully serve everyone’s favorite dish without robbing them of any of those delicious, coveted Super Bowl Flavors. You can also think of it like this: you are not only remaining in ketosis but serving your friends a delicious, healthy selection of keto-friendly foods that will do their bodies a service while satisfying their taste buds.
In order to plan your ‘menu’ so-to-speak, you should first look into the world of keto food substitutions. If you are someone who enjoys cooking then you likely know that there are many different foods that can be swapped out for others with basically the same result. For example, while baking, if you find out that you do not have any eggs, you can actually substitute applesauce for eggs—and it’s quite tasty. Let’s take a look at some of the common ways to keto your meals up with these healthy substitutions.
- Stevia instead of sugar
- Almond milk in place of regular milk
- Instead of coffee, try bulletproof coffee
- Pork rinds for bread crumbs
- Lettuce leaves instead of tortillas
- Riced cauliflower for rice
- Mashed cauliflower for potatoes
- Fathead Crust instead of pizza crust
- Portobello mushrooms instead of sandwich buns
- Keto bread in place of store-bought bread
Easy to Transform Super Bowl Classics
With guests coming over you want to ensure that you have all of those traditional crowd-pleasers. And never forget, keto can taste amazing—even to those who are not on the keto diet. Luckily, there is an abundance of keto friendly appetizers, main courses, and even alcohol options that will allow you to celebrate the big day while remaining in ketosis and pleasing your guests.
- Let’s begin with this easy recipe for pecan cheesecake bites. Not only are they keto friendly, but they are also incredibly tasty as well. With a filling made of pumpkin spice, vanilla keto meal, and cream cheese served up with a pecan mixture featuring cinnamon and more pumpkin spice—you simply cannot go wrong.
- The keto peanut butter blondies are another excellent option for those with a sweet tooth. Made with almond milk, stevia, sugar-free chocolate, and keto meal—these brownies may even be better than the real thing. Once you mix your ingredients, all you have to do is throw it in the oven and you are set.
- Getting into the savory options, this recipe for a keto friendly pizza dip will blow your guest’s minds. With cream cheese, sour cream, tomato sauce, pepperoni, and mozzarella, this dip is a great option to serve with flax seeds, keto bread, or keto crackers.
- When it comes to the Super Bowl, everyone gets a taste for some kind of bbq or chicken wing option. The good news is, you do not have to give up foods like this even on the keto diet. With buffalo chicken tenders you can capture and present all those flavors in a pleasing and healthy manner. All you need is chicken tenders, almond flour, buffalo sauce, salt and pepper, whipping cream, and one egg. If you play your cards right, you can have these done in 30 – 40 minutes.
- Keto cheeseburger muffins will steal the show at this year’s Super Bowl party. After all, if there is one thing fans of football enjoy, it is tailgating. And what is a tailgate without the taste of a juicy burger? To make these beauties you will need a pound of ground beef, your choice of spices, tomato paste, cheddar cheese, condiments, and cheddar This all fits nicely into a flax seed and almond oil crust for a beautiful presentation.
Indulging in Alcohol in Ketosis
Unfortunately, many diets call for a reduction or full elimination of certain food and beverage items. When it comes to the keto diet, there is no difference. If you plan on offering and indulging in alcohol at this year's Super Bowl, you should be aware of what is acceptable for those on the keto diet—believe me, alcohol too can present a threat to those in ketosis. However, there are some alcohols that are perfectly fine and keto friendly. Here are some examples.
- Budweiser Select 55
- Miller Genuine Draft 64
- Michelob Ultra
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
Celebrating the Super Bowl in Full Keto Fashion
The list of keto friendly dishes is incredibly minimal compared to all the real options out there. The possibilities are practically endless in fact. However, if you are on the other side of things and are attending a Super Bowl party, don’t forget that you can always supplement as you may do on the holidays. If you are in fact attending the Super Bowl party of a friend or relative who does not follow the keto diet, you might also use this information to make some healthy treats to bring along