Your Cart is empty
You have to have chocolate on Valentine's Day! It's an unspoken rule, right?
But a heart-shaped box will most certainly kick you out of ketosis, and you've worked so hard to detox from the holidays!
So, with the help of Liz Williams, of FitKetoGirls, we created a keto chocolate recipe that is easy and fun, and will keep you in ketosis. Use this chocolate caramel cups recipe to create your own personal keto assorted chocolates for you and your keto loved one!
Ingredients: Chocolate Cups
1 1/2 cups Lily's Chocolate Chips (or 80% dark chocolate chips or darker)
1 tbsp coconut oil
Courtesy of Liz Williams. You can find more recipes like this in her new book, The One-Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
1/4 cup sugar substitute (such as Swerve)
1 cup heavy (whipping) cream
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, and then stir. Melt in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Using a small spoon, pour a spoonful of melted chocolate into a mini cupcake paper cup, and using the back of the spoon, cover the sides of the paper cup all the way up to the top. Use about half the chocolate mixture. It should be enough for 10-15 cups. Once done, place in the fridge while you make the caramel.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the sugar substitute until it is dissolved and incorporated, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cream, xanthan gum, and salt to the mixture, whisking continuously. Bring to a boil and let boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Let cool at room temperature completely. Once cooled, add 1/2 to 1 tablespoon caramel to each chocolate cup.
- With the remaining chocolate, spoon on the top of caramel until completely covered. Repeat for all the cups, and place in the fridge.
- Leave in fridge for at least 15 minutes to harden. It can then be stored in the fridge or freezer.
Fats: 25 g
Protein: 2 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
Get creative! Instead of caramel, fill them with peanut butter or jam, and create your own personal box of keto assorted chocolates!
How cute is that!? Enjoy!