Easy Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
If you love lemons, then you are going to love these soft keto lemon poppy seed muffins. These are super moist and soft, but they have a nice crunch from the poppy seeds and golden crust. Living a keto lifestyle doesn't mean you can't enjoy baked goods. You just have to be aware of how many carbs you are adding into your mix. In this keto muffin recipe, we have used almond flour--a great substitute for regular flour. Give these keto lemon poppy seed muffins a try next time you feel like baking. Also, you can store these muffins in the freezer and heat them up whenever you feel like an extra zesty treat!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup erythritol
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp lemon zest
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
25 drops liquid stevia
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin trays with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, add almond flour, erythritol, and poppy seeds. Mix together evenly.
3. Stir in butter, eggs, heavy cream. Next add baking powder, vanilla, stevia, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Use an electric beating to blend together on low power.
4. Divide batter between 12 muffin molds. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and from baking mold. Let it cool for 10 minutes then enjoy!
Keto Muffin Recipe inspired by Ruled.Me!